As part of Semuanya BOLA compliance to Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA 2010”) and commitment towards the protection of our customer’s personal information, Semuanya BOLA has put in place a personal data protection and compliance principles and framework (“Framework”) in which semakanonline.com stands guided by in the provision of our products and services to our members/customers/clients (“Products and Services”).
Semuanya BOLA is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
A. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- The Personal Data about you which we may collect via print and digital channels (including but not limited to Website, Social Media and Mobile Apps) includes:
- information collected when you register as member or update an online profile or when you fill in or update your information with us, which may include personal data such as your photograph, name, and contact details;
- the contents of all printed and electronic forms or documents submitted to us via printed collateral or forms, Semuanya BOLA’s Website and any digital and mobile platforms (eg. Email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, Viber and any social media and apps), including identity documents and proof of address;
- information input or submitted to online facilities such as search tools, and calculators;
- personalisation preferences you select as you use the Semuanya BOLA’s Website, digital and mobile platforms;
- information submitted if you participate in survey or competition whether via online or otherwise;
- any messages or comments you submit to us via the Semuanya BOLA’s Website or in whatever manner, which may include personal data such as name, email address and telephone number;
- information obtained independently by Semuanya BOLA from other lawful sources;
- surveys conducted to better target our contents to our audience; and
- the contents of all forms and/or documents submitted and/or collected by Semuanya BOLA.
B. PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
- By providing any of your Personal Data to Semuanya BOLA whether via online or otherwise, you hereby agree that Semuanya BOLA shall collect, retain and use the Personal Data for the following purposes:
- providing you with services or benefits under any of the Semuanya BOLA’ s business or policies; and/or
- processing your application under any of the Semuanya BOLA’s programme; and/or
- where relevant, marketing of goods and services and sending any updates, new products, special offers, advertisements about goods and services of interest to you, promotional material and/or commercial material to you (including emails, short message services or other means) and/or to be used in, to provide and/or improve the services of Semuanya BOLA, processing invoices and payments (including card payments) and providing customized listings of Deal and Dealerships based on your preference and locations and other services to enhance and support the relationship of Semuanya BOLA and you; and/or
- performing statistical analysis for various objectives in Semuanya BOLA and providing this information within Semuanya BOLA members; and/or
- purposes connected with the operation, administration, development, record-keeping or enhancement of Semuanya BOLA’s business including for the purpose of which is relevant to support and/or assist in any of Semuanya BOLA’s businesses or Semuanya BOLA’s Website; and/or
- purposes connected with the administration, management and/or enforcement of the commercial transaction and for contact and communication with you; and/or
- purposes connected with user car reviews ownership verification; and or
- where required by law, where Semuanya BOLA consider that such use or disclosure is necessary to respond to any claims or legal process, or where Semuanya BOLA suspects that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in; and/or
- where a third party requires in order for such third party to perform functions or services as required by Semuanya BOLA; and/or
- enabling the Semuanya BOLA or where a third party requires in order for such third party to perform functions or obligations as required under the laws, rules, regulations, by laws and/or guidelines (whether or not having the force of law) or as required by any governmental and/or non-governmental authorities, agencies or departments or a third party requires in order to ensure compliance with agreement(s) or document(s); and/or
- making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or by law; and/or
- to access logs, search strings (if entered), comments and spam moderation; and/or
- customer loyalty programmes.
- If you do not consent to Semuanya BOLA processing your Personal Data for the purposes listed in Section 2, please notify Semuanya BOLA using the contact details stated in Section (P) below.
C. USE AND DISCLOSURE
- You further agree that Semuanya BOLA may disclose and transfer (whether in Malaysia or abroad) amongst any company within Semuanya BOLA and/or to third parties including but not limited to Semuanya BOLA’s agents, consultants, employers, suppliers, partners, joint venture partners, advertisers, network operators, service providers, associated companies, any relevant authorities, statutory bodies, regulatory bodies, organisations or, any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to Semuanya BOLA or any company within Semuanya BOLA, (including those established or incorporated from time to time) service providers (including those who assist us in providing/developing/maintaining Semuanya BOLA’s Website and digital platforms), for the Semuanya BOLA’s operational, administration and development requirements and to organizations who provide archival, professional advisory, marketing, advertising, research, loyalty programme and security services to use, disclose, hold, process, retain or transfer such Personal Data for the purposes of (B) above for and on behalf of Semuanya BOLA.
- We may disclose to third-party service providers who provide services to us, or who assist us to improve our data or our services or to better understand their value to our visitors or to the companies with which we do business; or to other third parties if we determine that disclosure of such information:
- is or may be required by law or legal process;
- is or may be reasonably necessary to enforce the Semuanya BOLA Membership Agreement or User Agreement, or to take appropriate action if a visitor is determined by us to have breached either of those agreements; or
- is or may be reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, Semuanya BOLA, our visitors or other individuals or entities.
- We may also disclose to third parties portions of the Semuanya BOLA’s log files that show which “Internet service provider” a visitor has used or other visitor information. That information may enable third parties to discover, through that Internet service provider, the identity of a visitor.
- We may use your Personal Information to customize or enhance your experience on the Semuanya BOLA (including the display of advertisements) and communications related to our products or services or those of third parties. In addition, we may use other information we may have about you (such as your IP address) or your use of the Semuanya BOLA (such as which pages you have visited) for those purposes and, as described below under Third-Party Advertisement Servers for the purpose of facilitating the serving of targeted advertisements for Semuanya BOLA on other Web sites.
- Semuanya BOLA uses and discloses aggregated non-personally identifying information collected by us as part of Semuanya BOLA’s process of constantly improving the Semuanya BOLA’s Website, our business and/or Semuanya BOLA’s business.
- However, you will have the opportunity at any time to “opt-out” of receiving future promotional and marketing communications from us either (i) by following the instructions located at the bottom of any e-mail we send you, (ii) by sending a request to us through our Contact Us form.
D. THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISEMENT SERVERS
- Semuanya BOLA uses third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- If you would like more information about this practice and would like to know your options in relation to not having this information used by these companies, click here.
- Semuanya BOLA have implemented Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising (i.e. Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting).
- Semuanya BOLA and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to Semuanya BOLA.
- Semuanya BOLA uses data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics to improve our services to our advertisers, our car sellers, buyers (company, agents and private), and to overall gage the response, viewership and reach of Semuanya BOLA.
- Using the Ads Settings [https://www.google.com/settings/ads], visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
E. IMPACT OF NON PROVISION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Please note that in the event that sufficient Personal Data is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to Semuanya BOLA then your application or request to Semuanya BOLA for any of the above purposes as set out in (B) above may not be accepted or acted upon or your request to browse some information on Semuanya BOLA’s Website may be denied or Semuanya BOLA will not be able to provide the full range of benefits and/or services and/or perform its obligations under any potential or existing contract with you.
F. RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
- Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data held by Semuanya BOLA on payment of a prescribed fee and you may request that Semuanya BOLA correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, subject to any applicable legal restrictions and contractual conditions.
- If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or if you wish to correct your Personal Data or if you wish to withdraw your consent to Semuanya BOLA for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes as set out in (B) above, you may send your request in writing at the following email address: [email protected]
- We will comply with your request for access or correction of your personal data and we will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data that we keep about you, within 21 days, although we will require proof of your identity before disclosing that data. If compliance with the request is not possible within the 21 day period, you will be informed of such inability to comply and the reasons for such non-compliance. In any event the request will be adhered to within 14 days from the expiration of the initial 21 day period. We allow you to challenge the data that we hold on you and, where appropriate, you may have the data: erased, rectified, amended or completed. To the extent permitted by law, we reserve the right to refuse to provide our visitors with a copy of their personal data or correct their personal data, but will give reasons for our refusal.
G. STORAGE AND RETENTION OF THE PERSONAL DATA
- Your Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in Semuanya BOLA’s offices or stored in servers located in or outside Malaysia and operated by Semuanya BOLA or its service providers in or outside Malaysia.
- Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by Semuanya BOLA as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes stated in (B) above or is required to satisfy any legal, regulatory and/or accounting requirements or to protect Semuanya BOLA’s interests.
- Semuanya BOLA does not offer any online facilities for you to delete your Personal Data held by the Group. If your personal information is no longer required under the purpose stated in (B) and/or (C), then we will destroy it by purging it from our electronic, manual, and other filing systems according to our internal procedures and schedules.
H. HOW WE HANDLE EMAIL AND “CONTACT US” MESSAGES
- Semuanya BOLA may preserve the content of any email or “Contact us” or other electronic message that Semuanya BOLA receives.
- Any personal data contained in those messages will only be used or disclosed in ways set out in this Privacy Notice.
- The message content may be monitored by Semuanya BOLA’s service providers or employees for purposes including compliance, auditing and maintenance or where email abuse is suspected.
I. NON-PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
- When you access Semuanya BOLA’s Website, Semuanya BOLA may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect non-personal data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the website from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed).
- Semuanya BOLA may use this data and share it with the rest of its staff to monitor the attractiveness of Semuanya BOLA’s Website and to improve their performance or content.
- When you view Semuanya BOLA’s Website, Semuanya BOLA may store some data on your computer in the form of a “cookie” to automatically recognize your personal computer next time you visit.
- Cookies can help Semuanya BOLA in many ways, for example, by allowing Semuanya BOLA to tailor a website to better match your interests or to store your password to save you having to re-enter it each time.
- If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
- Personal Data held by Semuanya BOLA will be kept confidential in accordance with this Privacy Notice pursuant to PDPA 2010 and any applicable law that may from time to time be in force.
- Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data submitted to us in whatever manner (including those sent or posted in the Semuanya BOLA’s Website) will be deemed voluntarily provided to Semuanya BOLA on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
- Semuanya BOLA reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely as set out in (C) above.
L. SAFETY OF PERSONAL DATA
- Semuanya BOLA uses a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data in accordance with the PDPA 2010 and any applicable regulations. Semuanya BOLA follows strict security procedures in order that the data we collect is stored and disclosed appropriately and securely.
- For the internet, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while Semuanya BOLA strives to protect such Personal Data, Semuanya BOLA cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data transmitted to the Semuanya BOLA and you do so at your own risk. Once any Personal Data comes into Semuanya BOLA’s possession, Semuanya BOLA will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- A username and password may be essential for you to use some sections of the Semuanya BOLA’s Website. For your own protection, the Semuanya BOLA’s requires you to keep these confidential and to change your password regularly (if required).
- Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
M. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
- Due to the global nature of Semuanya BOLA’s business, Semuanya BOLA may transfer your Personal Data to the other members of the Semuanya BOLA (which may be located in other countries) or to any parties located in other countries (including countries that have a different data protection regime than is found in the country where you are based). Any Personal Data transferred shall be used for the purposes as set out in (B) above and disclosed to parties stated in (C) above.
N. LINKS / HYPERLINKS
- Semuanya BOLA’s Website and its social media sites (including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin) may contain links to third-party sites and pages for your convenience. By activating a link, such as for example by clicking on the banner of an advertiser, you leave Semuanya BOLA’s Website and Semuanya BOLA does not exercise control over any Personal Data or any other information you give to any other entity after you have left Semuanya BOLA’s Website.
O. OTHER WEBSITES
P. HOW TO CONTACT US
For enquiries, please e-mail us at:
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail. Semuanya BOLA shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Website. By continuing to communicate with Semuanya BOLA or by continuing to use Semuanya BOLA’s services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.